Frequently Asked Questions

I need more information, can you help me?

Sorry, no. All the information that we have about each property is listed online.

Can I book by email or telephone?

We only offer an online service therefore we cannot accept bookings by email or telephone.

Do you own and operate the hostels, hotels etc. listed on

Travelaholics does not own or operate any accommodation at all. We are entirely independent.

Where do you get all the data about the hostels/hotels etc.?

The data is uploaded by each individual property owner/operator, and it is their responsability to ensure that it is correct. The data is supplied to us via central computerised reservation systems.

Can you check availability for me?

We do not check availability for you. All availability is visible to you online. It is the responsability of the hotels/hostels etc. to upload their availability.

Can you give me directions and contact details of the accommodation before I make a reservation?

Once you have completed your reservation, you will be sent a confirmation email containing all the telephone and email information. The details in the confirmation email must be used to contact the accommodation reagrding your reservation.

Do you need to be a member of any organisation to stay at the hostels listed on

No. You do not need to be a member of any organisation to stay at the hostels listed on this site.

With whom am I making a transaction when I make a reservation on

You are entering into a transaction with one of our trusted reservations partners and you will be charged by them. Which partner depends on what you are booking. You are not making a transaction with Travelaholics directly. We are merely bringing you into contact with the reservations systems used by the accommodation owners/operators.

Must I have a credit card to make a reservation?

Yes. A credit card is required to make a reservation and pay the deposit. If you do not have a credit card, maybe you can make arrangements with a friend or family member who does have a credit card. Reservations in a different name from the credit card used to pay the deposit ARE permitted.

What happens to the 10% deposit?

To secure a reservation you must pay a 10% deposit (and in some circumstances a small booking fee). The deposit and booking fee are not refundable under any circumstances. When you arrive at the accommodation, you must pay the remaining 90% balance.

How do I cancel my reservation?

To cancel your reservation, you must contact the accommodation directly (using the contact information supplied in your confirmation email) because, once you have completed the reservation, we have no more control over it. You cannot contact Travelaholics to cancel any reservation. Cancellations must be made in accordance with any conditions specified by the operator, and where such conditions are not specified you must cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival. Failure to do so can result in your card being charged for the first nights stay (and further charges if specified). In the event of cancellation, the deposit and booking fee are non-refundable.

Can I amend my reservation?

You must contact the accommodation directly (using the contact information supplied in your confirmation email) to make an amendment to your reservation. You may need to cancel the reservation and make a new reservation online. In all cases the deposit and booking fee are strictly non-refundable.

What happens if I don't show up and haven't contacted the hostel?

In the event of a "no show", the accommodation will charge your card for the first nights stay (and any further charges if specified) and may cancel any remaining nights booked. The deposit and booking fee are non-refundable.

Have you found the answer?

If you have found the answer to your question, please do not contact us. If you contact us and your question was answered above we will not be able to reply to you due to the large volume of emails we receive on a daily basis. If you have not found the answer to your question then please feel free to contact us and we will reply as soon as we can.

Searching - Please Wait